29 Tips to Grow Your Real Estate Email ListKevin Ashwe
To leverage the benefits of email marketing, you need a good database of prospect contacts. And to build a good database, you need to know how to get it done. You will learn various tips and strategies to get that done in this post. Imagine what you can do with a database of 100,000 working emails of your prospects. “Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter” – according to McKinsey.
While it is okay to aggressively grow your email list, don’t for the sake of that just amass a list that is not valuable. The tips here will help you get a huge and healthy list of hungry prospects for your real estate business.
29 Simple Ways to Grow Your Email List
- Create unique email content that informs and inspires. Your content must be great if you want prospects to stay subscribed and forward your emails to their friends, family, and colleagues who are not on your email list. According to QuickSprout, “Email subscribers are 3 times more likely to share content on social media than leads who came through another channel”.
- Add a pop-up opt-in form to your site. Some bloggers and companies have reported quick increase of signups on their website after using pop-up opt-in forms. This may also be your case.
- You should encourage your current email subscribers to share and forward your emails. You can do this by including social sharing buttons and an “Email to a Friend” button in all your emails to them.
- Find a generous influencer on twitter and mention him or her in one of your newsletters, and then tweet about it. If you’re lucky enough, he may retweet and you may be in for it – an increase in traffic and subscribers.
- Like a free giveaway, promote an online contest. The entrance requirement should be to sign up with their email.
- Clearly mention the benefits of signing up on your list. Let them know what’s ‘in it for them’. This means you must have something really juicy to offer.
- Create multiple targeted subscription types. People are more likely to sign up when they see it’s relevant to them. According to Campaign Monitor, “there is a 760% increase in revenue from segmented campaigns”. DMA also reported that “Segmented and targeted emails generate 58% of all revenue”.
- Include as few fields as possible on your sign-up form. Don’t ask for too much. This will increase the chances of someone actually signing up. The more fields the more time it takes to fill the form and the less people who are willing to do that.
- Leverage business cards. Your business card can have a line at the back that invites prospects to sign up on your list for an incentive.
- Use a strong call to action after each blog posts on your blog: A plugin like “WordPress Calls to Action” can be of great help here. “Including a call to action button instead of a text link can increase conversion rates by as much as 28%”. – Campaign Monitor
- Try some telemarketing. When you talk with prospects on phone you can ask them if they would like to join your email list. Ensure to mention to them the benefits and let them know it’s free of spam.
- You can include an opt-in checkbox on your business website’s contact form and also the About Us page.
- Create an enticing lead magnet – an irresistible offer for all subscribers. Do a research to find out what real estate prospects want to know about buying and selling their house. After you have found out the problem create a solution in a report or eBook format and give to prospect for free in exchange of their details like names and email addresses.
- Put a special signup message at the top of your blog or website. The message should be a short one. Just something to remind and encourage your website visitors to locate the signup form and do the needful. A plugin like WP-TopBar will help you do that seamlessly.
- Let your readers know what qualifies you as an expert in your field. If they see you as an expert they will know you have something they can learn from you. So they won’t mind giving you their email for further interactions.
- Promote your lead-gen offers regularly on social media. Create a campaign to promote a report or a free resource to your followers and fans that require their email address to redeem.
- Add a call-to-action button to the top of your Facebook Business Page. This is a very effective strategy.
- Your Linkedin Company page can be very reliable here. Publish links to gated offers there or in appropriate and relevant LinkedIn group discussions. Just make sure to follow the rules of the group.
- Add a strong call-to-action and sign up URL in your YouTube videos and encourage people to subscribe to your list.
- Place your sign up form in prominent places on your business website. Don’t make it difficult for prospect to find it. Ensure it on the Home Page, About Us page, Contact Us page and if you have a blog (which you should) do #10 and 14 also.
- Include a link to your signup form in the author bio of all your guest posts. Try to have as many guest posts as possible on popular blogs relevant to your real estate business. This is a very cool way to increase your email subscribers fast and cheap.
- You can offer PDF versions of your popular blog posts in exchange for email sign up. A lot of big bloggers do this.
- Host an offline; in-person events like meet-ups, conferences, seminars, etc in the neighborhood. The content should be great so it will attract lots of prospects. Then collect registrations online using email addresses.
- Run a survey about a pressing issue and gate the results. Organize the results with some graphs and charts. Release it to your audience for an email sign up.
- Use paid search ads to link to a landing page with a lead magnet and email sign-up.
- Sponsor your sign up form link on social media.
- Have an anti-spam policy. Assure potential subscribers you’ll only send relevant info, and will never sell or share their personal info.
- Add a QR code to your print marketing materials. Prospects can scan to opt-in to your list.
- You can make your opt-in form more convincing by including testimonials from your current email subscribers commending the quality of your content and your trustworthiness. This tip works like charm.
According to Monetate, “Email marketing drives more conversions than any other marketing channel, including search and social”. Now that you have been armed with the right tips to quickly grow your real estate business email marketing list I expect that you will digest this post and begin to work on it immediately.
The next post in the series will be, “How to Generate Powerful Email Content”. Stay tuned!!